Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Welcome, Friends in Cyberspace!


This blog is all about cinema, that elusive art form conceived in sound, words and moving pictures. My only goal is to help you choose among the multitude of films now available to movie buffs everywhere.

Keep in mind that movie criticism, like cinema itself, can be considered an artistic endeavour. It is by no means a science. At times, my opinions will reflect yours; at others, we will disagree. In all circumstances, however, I will try to be true to my nature and fair in my judgments.

Like anyone who has seen a goodly bunch of films, I am less of a fan nowadays and more of a critic. What's the difference? At a puppet show, the fan watches the action... while the critic watches the strings. It is in such a light that my blog must be read. Remember also that I write from a Canadian perspective, with all its advantages and disadvantages. More importantly, I do not wish to offend anyone and, if I do, it will be out of ignorance only. Please bear with me, Cyberfriends.

I have received no sum of money whatsoever to promote this, that or any film. This blog is a labour of love.

I hope you will find a few treasurable movies here. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

For the love of cinema,

Daniel Charbonneau, the Movie Buff in Slippers

No comments: